I’ve traveled twice this year, with a few more trips planned for the rest of the year. All the trips this year have or will revolve around family. Some I’ll be driving for ten hours; others I’ll get on a plane. No matter how I travel, packing a suitcase is involved. Here are ten tips you can use on your next trip.
1. Rolled clothing takes up less space than folded clothing.
2. Thread your necklace chain through a straw to prevent tangling.
3. Use a shower cap to pack dirty shoes.
4. Pop a dryer sheet in your suitcase to keep clothes smelling fresh.
5. Contact lens cases are great for storing makeup.
6. Pack a satin pillowcase. Satin keeps your hair from tangling, and it helps minimize wrinkles and morning facial creases.
7. Pack any bottles of liquids (shampoo, cleanser, hand lotion) in plastic bags. In case of leakage, the liquid will be confined and won’t ruin your clothes.
8. Take of picture of the location sign when you park at the airport garage. Much easier than searching for your car after you return from your trip.
9. Make copies or take pictures of your travel documents. Email them to yourself and a friend or family member not traveling with you. This could be a lifesaver if they’re lost or stolen.
10. Make a list of medications and allergies and keep a copy with you or on your phone. In case you become sick or are in an accident, this will aid medical personnel.