Nail polish has a lot more uses than beautifying your nails.
- Color-code your keys. Red—house key, blue—car key, green—work key.
- Have problems plugging in an item? Polish the top of the plug so you always know which way is up.
- Mark levels inside a bucket. Use a different color for pint, quart, and gallon.
- Paint bobby pins to match your outfit or as a personalized accessory.
- If the flap on an envelope won’t stick, or you hate licking the envelope, seal it with clear polish.
- Use clear polish to seal the ends of lace or rope to prevent unraveling.
- Do you have problems threading a needle? Dip the end of the thread in polish for easy threading.
- Waterproof address labels by brushing a clear coat over the label.
- Prevent rust stains by putting a clear coat of polish around the bottom of shaving cream cans and other metal containers.
- Have a loose screw? Take the screw out and paint a coat or two of polish. When dry, screw back in the wall for extra durability.
Did you know that shaking a bottle of polish causes bubbles? Instead, roll the bottle between your palms.
Also, putting a rubber band around the top of the polish helps you open the bottle.