My mother gave me my peach Filled with Love Box on December 25, 1990. Ever since, I’ve kept it on my nightstand as a constant reminder that my mom’s love is never far away. It’s especially comforting now that she’s gone. I hold the box and remember her kind words, her sparkling smile, and how she loved me so very much.
This year, I’m giving a few as gifts and I hope the recipients will know how much I love them.
Supplies (to make one):
- Paper Mache’ Heart Box – 2-1/2” wide
- Paint or Glimmer Mist
- Tiny Silk Flowers
- 25” Ribbon
- Cardstock Paper
- Glue Gun
1. Paint or mist the heart box (bottom, sides, and lid). Let dry.
2. Freehand or print the below message on a piece of cardstock. Cut into a 2-inch by 2-inch piece. Write a personal message on the reverse side.
3. Wrap ribbon around box and tie together tight. Be sure to keep equal lengths of ribbon on each side of knot.
4. Make two bows and cut excess ribbon, if necessary.
5. Thread needle. Prick corner of cardstock and sew to the ribbon, letting the message hang on the side of the box.
6. Glue flowers on the box lid.
These boxes would make great gifts for a spouse, daughter or son, niece or nephew, grandchildren, or close friend.
This is a very special gift,
that you can never see.
The reason it’s so special is,
it’s just for you from me.
Whenever you are lonely,
or even feeling blue,
you only have to hold this gift,
and know I think of you.
You never can unwrap it,
please leave the ribbon tied.
Just hold the box close to your heart,
it’s filled with love inside.