When I took my first bite of these cookies, I knew I had to get the recipe from my sister. The secret to these fluffy, yummy cookies is folding in a beaten egg white.
- 1 Egg (separated)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 3/4 cup Butter or Margarine
- 1 cup Powdered Sugar
- 2 cups sifted Flour
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Homemade or store-bought Frosting
- Beat egg white 1-1/2 minutes on high. Set aside.
- Add vanilla to milk. Set aside.
- Cream together butter and powdered sugar for 2 minutes. Add the unbeaten egg yolk and beat 1 minute longer.
- Add flour and baking powder alternately with milk mixture.
- When blended together, fold in beaten egg white.
- Drop spoonfulls of dough on greased baking sheets. Bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Frost when cool.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
I hope you enjoy them as much as I do. (Thanks for the recipe, Dona.) This would be a perfect cookie to make for your Valentine sweetheart!