It may only be the end of September, but the holiday season is fast approaching. Here’s your chance to make one-of-a-kind gifts for your neighbors, teachers, or family. And don’t forget to make one or two for yourself!
- Polyester Fiber Fill
- Wooden Spoon
- 3 Safety Pins
- For the large wreath, cut three pieces of fabric, each 32” x 5”. For the small wreath, cut three pieces of fabric, each 16” x 2-1/2”. The three pieces of fabric can be the same print or different prints.
- Fold each fabric piece in half, right sides together. Sew bottom and side edges.
- Turn pieces inside out.
- Stuff each piece with fiber fill. Use the handle of the wooden spoon to push stuffing to the bottom.
- Stitch tops.
- Place three fabric pieces side by side, sewn edge down. Slip stitch three pieces together (this will be cut away after you are finished braiding.)
- Braid the three pieces. Use a safety pin to connect top to bottom. Remove slip stitching. Sew pieces together.
- Tie a ribbon around the wreath to hide the stitches.
The finished size for the large wreath is 9” and the small wreath is 4-1/2”. I used three different fabric patterns for the large wreath, and two patterns for the small wreath.