Whether you travel or like to carry one in your purse, you probably have a cosmetic bag. I used to have several cosmetic bags in various sizes and patterns. But now, I have a matching set I made myself. I used the same fabric for the outside and various patterns for the inside.
- Exterior Material (I used oil cloth)
- Interior Material (I used a cotton blend)
- Sewing Pins
Sizes of fabric and zippers:
- 21-1/2” x 14”, 12-inch zipper
- 16” x 12-1/2”, 11-inch zipper
- 1-1/2” x 9”, 7-inch zipper
- 9” x 7” – 5-inch zipper
- Cut one exterior piece and one interior piece of the same size.
- Place exterior piece face up. Put zipper, teeth side down, along top edge of exterior piece. Place interior piece, face side down, over zipper. Pin three layers and sew together.
- Open sewn piece so it is flat. Put unsewn edge of interior piece face up. Put unsewn edge of zipper, teeth side up, over interior piece. Put exterior piece, face down, over zipper. Pin three layers and sew together.
- Turn interior piece over exterior piece. (Exterior piece will face together. Interior piece will face out.)
- Unzip zipper halfway. This will allow you to turn the bag inside out.
- Pin both side edges and sew. Trim any excess material.
- Turn bag inside out.